feb-march 2010

feb-march 2010

Friday, February 5, 2010

Field Trip!





Doesn't that title just make you think of "Magic SchoolBus"? I love it, we even try and sound like Mis Frizzle does as we drive away. Oh, you just have no idea how excited I was for this day. I have DREAMED about taking the kids to the Museum of Natural History for years, and this morning I just woke up and decided this was THE day! Just like that! We packed bananas and crackers for breakfast in the car, added some water bottles, grabbed everyone's shoes and the adventure was on! It was the coolest place, just like walking into the movie. The exhibits were awesome, the hands on room downstairs was just what the boys would have asked for if they knew it was possible, I want to go again and again...we even walked in and found out that by chance it was a FREE day! How good it be?! Do you want to hear the OTHER side of our story,too? Well....after an hour of driving we entered the city of L.A. while I happily have all the boys looking out the windows to see the tall buildings, etc,when to my utter astonishment I hear shouting and the words"Ewwww...he's THROWING up"1 Not a good sign...hmmmm. Too late to turn around, so we forge ahead, with windows rolled ALL the way down. Park the car at the Museum and scramble to find any napkins or wet wipes that might help the mess get a little better. But, this IS L.A. and we must roll up all the windows and lock up. I know, just the thought of it all fermenting while we are in the building, is not good. Did I fail to mention that in all the gross out rush of cleaning the mess I forgot to throw out our the half eaten bananas? Ahem...not good ,either! Then there was the incident of almost knocking over the bear statue, the banging of a glass cage with an exhibit bone...the jumping over a wall to get "into" an exhibit, the tantrum over my answer of "no" to the pleas of buying a toy, oh...and the missing shoe? How about the shutting of a bathroom door in someones face? and my personal favorite....my son's head ricocheting off a glass window that he didn't think was there! Yes, as you might have concluded, I am the mother of some Special souls......and then the ride home...the smell, the exhaustion, the car sick tummies...it was NOT pleasant...it just all added up to some more moments to love!

1 comment: